What It Is:
A Charitable Bequest is a gift that is contained within a will or trust. Bequests are one of the easiest ways to leave a legacy.
• You continue to enjoy the assets during your lifetime
• You may change your estate plan at any time
• Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing during your lifetime that your Jewish legacy ultimately will have a significant impact on the future of Jewish life
• You can establish the legacy in your own name, extend recognition to loved ones, or remain anonymous
• Donor recognition and memorial opportunities are available
• Bequests are an effective planning tool to reduce the taxable estate
SAMPLE BEQUEST LANGUAGE:
I give, devise and bequeath the sum of ______________________ ($__________, ___________%, or the remainder of my estate) to support the following organization(s) : __________________________________ to create a permanent endowment in my name. Suitable recognition shall follow the establishment of the fund.