Since 1935, the Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul (Federation) has been our community's central address for meeting Jewish needs -- responding to crises, fighting poverty, strengthening Jewish identity and promoting social justice. In the Federation, philanthropy, volunteerism and shared commitment come together to make a difference and repair our world. As part of a continent-wide system, we have the capacity to reach millions of Jews in need with a social-service network unparalleled in the world. We take pride in working collaboratively with our beneficiary agencies, enabling them to perform their life-changing work. More information can be found online at www.jewishstpaul.org.
The Federation seeks a full-time, Executive Assistant to support its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in a fast-paced office environment. This position reports directly to the CEO and works in close coordination with all staff departments of the Federation, and the Board of Directors. The EA will plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and goals, work and communicate with board, staff and donors, manage and maintain the CEO’s emails, files and meeting schedules, assist with donor management software, draft and proof correspondences and meeting agendas and anticipate the needs of the CEO. The successful candidate will possess strong problem solving and communication skills, a positive, professional attitude and commitment to the work of the agency. Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and administrative skills are a must.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Efficient, organized and resourceful, a self-starter who can work well with limited direction. Excellent organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to organize workload and prioritize and coordinate multiple projects to meet required deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Detail oriented, with strong proofreading skills.
- Strong people skills with the ability to build professional relationships with a wide variety of people such as Board leadership, donors, external partners, and internal staff.
- Flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced changing environment. Adaptable to competing demands. Ability to think critically, offer solutions to problems, and remain calm during times of stress.
- Comfortable with office technology, proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and demonstrated familiarity with donor management software.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience providing high-level executive support
- Experience working within a small company setting
- Understanding and/or familiarity with non-profit organizations and non-profit governance
- Experience with working with donors and volunteers, including Board of Directors
- Experience working with databases
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the Federation
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish culture is desired
- Send cover letter and resume by email to Diane Orth at email@example.com. Please indicate “Executive Assistant” in subject line. No phone inquiries.