PROGRAMS AND EVENTS MANAGER
The St. Paul Jewish Federation is seeking a dynamic professional with event planning and volunteer management experience to join our team. Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Programs and Events Manager is responsible for planning and executing various programs and events for our community in collaboration with staff, donors, sponsors, community partners, and volunteers. The professional will work in a highly demanding but supportive team environment using your knowledge, experience, passion, creativity, and engaging personality to support Federation’s mission through quality programs, events, overseas and domestic missions, and more. The candidate should have the organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors, corporate sponsors, community partners, and volunteers. This person should have experience planning and executing events, the ability to multitask, stay focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and successfully implement programs that fit the mission and vision of the organization.
General Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position will be to:
- Design, execute and implement a variety of programs and events; including but not limited to The Big Bash, fundraising and stewardship events, campaign ambassador orientation and telethons, Women’s Engagement and Philanthropy, legal and healthcare affinity programs and events, educational programs and community missions
- Create innovative programs and projects to steward and thank Federation donors and the greater Jewish community
- Manage volunteers for programs and events, and work closely with community partners and Federation professionals to enhance collaboration and strengthen community.
- Staff planning committees, strengthen volunteer relationships, and develop new ones.
- Collaborate with Federation professionals to build corporate partnership infrastructure, identify corporate partnership opportunities, solicit for sponsorships when appropriate, and manage relationships with corporate partners
To accomplish this, you will:
- Manage programming, events, travel opportunities, and all relevant planning committees
- Develop and maintain comprehensive event project plans and timelines in consultation with internal and external partners, providing a framework for ongoing accountability connected to timelines and deliverables
- Assist with developing local, national, and global experiences highlighting the agency’s impact.
- Recruit participants and serve as staff for delegations to regional, national, and international conferences and missions.
- Work with mission chairs in planning, promoting, and executing missions
- Identify opportunities for mission participants to further engage with the Federation beyond the trip
- Become proficient with our CRM database and ensure accurate information is collected, maintained, and utilized.
- Work closely with Federation staff and volunteers on planning, coordination, and implementation of all projects
- Be a team player willing to take on other responsibilities to support the agency's overall goals.
- Uphold and exemplify the St. Paul Jewish Federation’s mission and vision
- Uphold and exemplify the leadership and behavioral competencies of the organization
- Execute professional, high-level customer service, both internally and externally
- Attend meetings and Federation events as the position requires
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, or weekends as needed
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary to achieve organizational and team-specific goals
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree requires 2+ years of experience in events planning, program development, and volunteer management. Jewish communal service or nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate personal qualities and skills to act as a dynamic motivator, visionary, team player, and role model to volunteers and staff
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and people skills, and ability to adapt communication style to interact with various constituencies and audiences.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, donors, and volunteers
- Dedication, flexibility, attention to detail, and creativity are necessary.
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, and exhibit sound judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in technology, social media, and donor relations software.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs, values, and traditions, including knowledge of Israel.
- Understanding of, and appreciation and passion for, the mission of the St. Paul Jewish community.
Full-time position. We are currently working a hybrid schedule out of our St. Paul office.
SALARY: $40,000 – $55,000. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, medical insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with match, and other benefits, including dental.
To Apply: Only electronic applications will be considered. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Dan Mogelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the St. Paul Jewish Federation
The St. Paul Jewish Federation is an 87-year-old Jewish institution committed to ensuring the strength and future of the greater St. Paul Jewish community and its connection to world Jewry. Our annual campaign supports more than a dozen local, national, and international agencies and programs. The Federation recently conducted a population study showing that the community has grown to 12,300 Jewish households within the greater St. Paul area.